How does Calder feel now that the shoe is on the other foot?
Payback are a bit*h.
I guess Calder didn’t learn a thing about what happened to Hialeah. When Hialeah and Calder went head to head years ago Hialeah went out of business and Calder won. Now Calder thinks it can compete with Gulfstream Park. Does Calder really expect to survive running head to head with Gulfstream Park? You must be kidding. For a track that cuts purses during what is supposed to be the beginning of the tourist season, loses a graded stakes race, and who’s handle is in the toilet, how do they justify to the horsemen and state that they deserve the prime winter dates? CDI is not interested in the fans or the horsemen. Just think of what Steve Sexton almost did to racing in south Florida. The horse racing model has changed drastically the last few years, and the horsemen can’t afford a track like Calder costing it big time purses. This is a battle Calder will lose, and lose big time.
- Gulfstream Park to Host 2012 Claiming Crown on Opening Day
- Bill would let dog track, fronton move
- Casinos at the crossroads: 7 key moments marked historic debate
- Calder Race Course supervisor, 2 contractors charged in alleged kickback scheme.
- Quote from United Florida Horsemen on today’s Gadsden County slot referendum (1/31):